Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Masters 2015: Tiger Woods reveals injury scare after successful Augusta return



Tiger Woods survived another injury scare before recording his best Major finish since the 2013 Open.

The four-time Masters champion hit a tree root with his club as he played out of the rough on the ninth hole as he shot a closing 73 to finish tied 17.

It hurts, it definitely hurts," he said. "I didn't know there was a tree root there. I drilled the club straight into it. It didn't move, but my body kept moving.

"There's a little joint that popped out, and I was able to somehow put it back in, which didn't feel very good.

"At least I got it back in. I could move my hand again. It's sore. I'm not going to be lifting any weights for a while!"

Masters final day: Best pictures

VIEW GALLERY

He finished 13 shots behind winner Jordan Spieth but this was the first time Woods completed 72 holes in an official PGA Tour event since the 2014 WGC-Cadillac Championship in March last year when he tied for 25th.

He underwent back surgery soon after and has played just eight worldwide events since and just three this year. During that stretch, he withdrew from two tournaments and missed the cut in three other.

But after finishing tied 17 following a nine-week layoff, Woods said: It was mostly positives this week. Considering that I, the state of my game the where it was at Torrey and Phoenix.

"You saw the state of my short game at the time, because again I was caught in between two different patterns. But now my short game's my strength again, which is good stuff.

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/golf/masters-2015-tiger-woods-reveals-5509557



No comments:

Post a Comment