Saturday, January 28, 2017

Mischa Barton: "I was drugged"


Mischa Barton Says She Was Drugged While Drinking

Mischa Barton has revealed she unknowingly consumed a psychoactive drug GHB before being hospitalised for a mental health evaluation this week.

Stop Video Replay 1:08 "OC" Star Mischa Barton Hospitalized, Will Be Evaluated Following Incoherent Speech

UP NEXT

The 31-year-old OC actress has confirmed she"s been released and is at "home and doing well", and says she knew "something was not right" in the lead up to her voluntary admission to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

""On the evening of the 25th, I went out with a group of friends to celebrate my birthday," she says in a statement released to People.

Mischa Barton has revealed she unknowingly consumed a psychoactive drug GHB before being hospitalised for a mental health evaluation this week. Source: Getty Images

"While having drinks, I realised that something was not right as my behavior was becoming erratic and continued to intensify over the next several hours.

"I voluntarily went to get professional help, and I was informed by their staff that I had been given GHB. After an overnight stay, I am home and doing well".

GHB stands for Gamma-hydroxybutyrate, a depressant drug that slows down the messages travelling between the brain and body.

On Thursday reports emerged that the television star had been taken to after suffering a "psychotic episode".

In 2009 she experienced a mental health scare. Photo: Getty Images

The OC actress exhibited bizarre behaviour, which had friends and neighbours extremely concerned for her health, TMZ reported.

Witnesses said they saw the star bending over her garden fence shouting about the world shattering", "Ziggy Stardust" and calling her mother a witch.

At one point she fell backward off the fence and was heard saying: "Oh my G*d, it"s over! I feel it, and it"s angry!" the report claims.

Police and firefighters were apparently called after being alerted by concerned neighbours about a jumper or possible overdose".

Mischa rose to fame as Marissa Cooper on The OC.

This isnt the first mental health scare Mischa has had.

In 2009, she was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold back after a dental check for an infected tooth turned into a fight with the nurses.

She was sectioned for two weeks under a 5150, a Californian law that allows a psychiatrist to involuntarily confine a person deemed a danger to themselves or others.

She explained the situation at the time and defended claims she was mentally unwell.

In 2009 she got into a fight with nurses after feeling terrified about them injecting her with needles. Photo: Getty Images

"I had this terrible surgery to remove my wisdom teeth and it drove me mad. I had infections and I couldn"t eat anything except Slush Puppies for three months and I can"t tell you how awful it was," she told US TV show The View back in 2009.

Anyway, I"d had enough and I went to the hospital. I was in a lot of pain and if they feel you are depressed or a danger to yourself they can hold you on a 5150, she explained.

RELATED: Britney recalls "horrible" breakdown yearsRELATED: Kanye accused of faking breakdown

I am terrified of needles and they wanted to pump me full of drugs and I said, "No, absolutely not. I don"t want to be here," and got into a fight with the nurses, and that led to my 5150.

"Part of me wishes those things had never happened in the public eye. I wish I could have been perfect. For ages after that 5150 I"d walk down the street and people would give me the crazy eye: "there"s mischa barton, she"s insane, isn"t she?""

be has contacted Mischa"s reps for comment.

Stop Video Replay 1:02 Mischa Barton blames the music for Dancing with the Stars disaster

UP NEXT

Want more celebrity, entertainment and lifestyle news? Follow Be on Facebook,Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram

Source: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t&fd=R&ct2=us&usg=AFQjCNEVMjj_q214oDAylZ5qvLC1ApWUOA&clid=c3a7d30bb8a4878e06b80cf16b898331&ei=S5SMWJjdCIaO3AGHs6OYDQ&url=https://au.be.yahoo.com/entertainment/celebrity/a/34288512/mischa-barton-released-from-hospital-after-being-drugged-yahoo7be/

No comments:

Post a Comment