Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Roger Federer takes back some of criticism of Bernard Tomic


Australian Open 2016 Roger Federer vs David Goffin

Roger Federer wants to take back some of what he said about fellow tennis player Bernard Tomic a couple of weeks ago but only part of it.

Asked to assess the then 17th-ranked Tomic, Federer suggested that Tomic had missed an opportunity to live up to his potential. The trouble was Federer was under the assumption Tomic was ranked ``liked 50 or 60 and (instead) he was top 20.""

So on Tuesday at the Australian Open Federer tried to set the record straight.

``You know, I"d like to see anybody succeed and anybody make their move,"" he said. ``I thought I was somewhat tough, but I was fair because I said nice things about him. But then I checked his ranking. I didn"t know his ranking was as high as it was, to be quite honest.

``That was my bad. But I still believe it"s a big difference, top 10 for a week or for a year. It"s a lot of dedication, a lot of hard work. There"s a lot of guys who have the potential right now, not just him.""

Source: http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_29434548/roger-federer-takes-back-some-criticism-bernard-tomic

No comments:

Post a Comment