Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Oil hit Alaska like an earthquake: Gov. Walker


Japan earthquake & Tsunami 2011 - Shocking video - missing 18000 people

I"ve proposed a plan to put Alaska on a sustainable path through further spending cuts, modest tax increases, and use of a fixed portion of our permanent fund earnings to support public services like educating our children, plowing our roads and safeguarding our communities.

This plan will get us off the boom-and-bust cycle that tends to plague oil-dependent economies. It puts government on an allowance. It enables us to continue to grow our savings. It allows us to pay for essential services like education and public safety, and to invest in our economy.

None of the pieces of my proposal are politically popular. That"s OK. As I told my fellow Alaskans in my recent State of the State speech, I did not run for governor to keep the job, I ran for governor to do the job. As governor, I will always put Alaskans" interests above my own.

Source: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/02/16/how-ill-rescue-alaskas-economy-gov-walker.html

No comments:

Post a Comment