Thursday, September 15, 2016

Kanye West, Kid Cudi Square Off Over Ghostwriting, Drake Collab


Rumor Report | Magic Johnson"s Wife Gets REAL, Kid Cudi vs Drake and Kanye

The relationship between longtime collaborators Kanye West and Kid Cudi appeared to sour on Wednesday after Kid Cudi tweeted that West and Drake "don"t give a f**k about me." On his Saint Pablo tour in Tampa, Florida later that night, West issued a passionate rebuke from his floating platform: "Don"t ever mention "Ye["s] name," he noted. Later he added, "I"m so hurt." Kanye and Cudi have worked together frequently since the former"s landmark 808s & Heartbreak album in 2008.

Kanye recently confirmed that he was working on a long-rumored mixtape with Drake. Cudi appeared to feel left out of the project, and he took to Twitter to air his grievances. "Everyone thinks they"re soooo great," he wrote. "Talkin top 5 and be having 30 people write songs for them." Roughly 30 minutes later, he added, "My tweets apply to who they apply. Ye, Drake, whoever. These n****s dont give a f**k about me. And they aint f****n with me ... Ive been loyal to those who haven"t been to me and that ends now. Now im your threat."

Kanye offered a scathing retort hours later, firing back while the wounds were still fresh. The rapper stopped a performance of his remix of Chief Keef"s "I Don"t Like" surely not a coincidence to declare, "Kid Cudi, don"t never mention Ye name. I birthed you."

"We all dealing with that evil s**t all the time," the rapper continued. "Don"t ever mention "Ye name. Don"t try to say who I can do songs with. You mad "case I"m doing songs with Drake? Ain"t nobody tellin" "Ye who to do songs with. Respect the G*d."

West appeared to be stung, and repeatedly suggested that he and Cudi were on the same side. "I feel so disrespected," he said. "Kid Cudi, we"re two black men in a racist world. I wore skinny jeans first. I got called names before you, bruh. Why y"all gotta be coming at me? This ain"t the end of the Malcolm X movie. I"m out here fighting for y"all: creatives, artists, independent thinkers. Dont never mention my name in a bad manner."

Drake also responded to Cudi"s remarks while onstage in Oakland, California by defending West. "I heard boys were talking down today. Shoutout to my brother Kanye West. We both got sold out shows," the rapper said, adding, "boy you gettin way too high, you need to cud-it," a reference to O.T. Genasis" song "Cut It."

Source: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/kanye-west-kid-cudi-square-off-over-ghostwriting-w439978

No comments:

Post a Comment