Thursday, January 5, 2017

Diego Luna Shares A Lovely Story From A "Star Wars" Fan About Why Representation Matters


Diego Luna Talks "Star Wars" and Throwback Photos

Disney

Before Rogue One officially became the third highest-grossing movie of 2016, all of three weeks ago, Diego luna talked to our own mike ryan about being in a Star Wars movie, er, story. The word cloud of the interview would look something like holy sh*t, crazy, lovely, and oh my G*d, surrounded by a million exclamation points. Luna sounds genuinely thrilled to be part of the Star Wars family, and not just because of the paycheck, either the movies meant a lot to him as a child, and they mean a lot to millions of people now.

The Y tu mam tambin star, who was born in Mexico City, recently shared a heartwarming story on Twitter from a fan who took her Mexican father to see Rogue One. I wanted my father, with his thick Mexican accent, to experience what it was like to see a hero in a blockbuster film speak the way he does, she wrote, later adding, I told him that Diego has openly talked about keeping his accent and how proud he is of it. And my dad was silent for a while and then he said, And he was a main character. And I said, He was. And my dad was so happy. Lunas response: I got emotional reading this!

Heres the full message:

Source: http://uproxx.com/movies/diego-luna-rogue-one-response/

No comments:

Post a Comment