Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tomi Lahren of "The Blaze" suspended on abortion views


Glenn Beck: Tomi Lahren not suspended over abortion stance

Conservative talk-show host Tomi Lahren has been temporarily banned from Glenn Becks The Blaze network after airing pro-choice abortion views last week.

The 24-year-old Lahren known for tirades against so-called feminism and calling refugees rape-u-gees told ABCs The View on Friday she thinks pro-life politics are an example of governmental overreach.

Im someone that is for limited government, so I cant sit here and be a hypocrite and say Im for limited government, but I think that the government should decide what women do with their bodies, Lahren said on the show.

Stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.

The backlash from Lahrens fan base was immediate, and Blaze founder Glenn Beck condemned Lahrens comments while trying to come to her defense noting, for example, that she had once referred to abortion doctors as baby killers.

I would disagree that youre a hypocrite if you want limited government and yet you want the government to protect life of the unborn, Beck said on his radio show Monday morning.

Still, Beck insisted that the comments by Lahren, who has arguably become the most visible personality on The Blaze, wouldnt endanger her job.

I dont hire people who are sycophants or who have my opinion, Beck said. I try to hire people who have a different opinion because I believe in being intellectually rigorous.

Lahren, who reportedly has been suspended for a week, signaled Monday night on Twitter that she was taking some time off.

A staunch Donald Trump supporter, Lahren clarified her abortion comments after her appearance on The View, telling one outlet: Listen, I am not glorifying abortion. I dont personally advocate for it. I just dont think its the governments place to dictate.

She also tweeted, I speak my truth. If you dont like it, tough. I will always be honest and stand in my truth.

That appeared to draw a reaction from one of her co-workers, Blaze reporter Kate Scanlon, who, captioning a Bible verse, tweeted, There is no my truth. There is only the truth.

Source: http://nypost.com/2017/03/21/tomi-lahren-of-the-blaze-suspended-on-abortion-views/

No comments:

Post a Comment