Monday, January 11, 2016

Christian Slater forgets to thank Rami Malek during Globes speech for Mr ...


Heathers (1989) Christian Slater, Winona Ryder - Highlights

Mr. Robot star Christian Slater won the Golden Globe Award for supporting actor in a series or TV movie with his performance as a mysterious hacktivist leader in the USA techno-thriller.

Accepting the award, Slater thanked series creator Sam Esmail, for writing such a wonderful character; his wife, for making me the happiest man alive; and Hollywood itself, for letting me do what I love to do for the last four decades.

RELATED | Full winners list | Red carpet arrivals gallery | Ricky Gervais meanest jokes | Best TV comedy |

Lost in the excitement, Slater forgot to thank his No. 1 costar, though he made up for it backstage. Let me first just say, Im phenomenally grateful to Rami Malek, he said. Its almost like hes my wife. I was thinking so much about doing that thing where I forgot to thank my wife that I forgot to thank the greatest acting partner that Ive worked with in my entire life. He did such an amazing job. I love Rami Malek and I cant wait to get back to work with him.

Malek, who was nominated for lead actor Sunday but lost to Jon Hamm, returned Slaters compliment. I just saw him right now and I said, You dont have to say anything to me, Malek said backstage. Every second I get to work with him, I get to work with someone who gives me strength anyway. I look at him and he looks at me as an equal. He doesnt have to say anything. I admire him and thats the end of that.

Portraying the shadowy title character of Mr. Robot, Slater beat out Tobias Menzies as a sadistic redcoat captain in Outlander, Alan c*****g as a Machiavellian campaign manager in The Good Wife, Damian Lewis as a tempestuous Tudor king in Wolf Hall, and Ben Mendelsohn as the black sheep of a prominent Florida family in Bloodline.

The Globe is Slaters first, on his first nomination.

Backstage, Slater also shared some advice hes learned working on the hacker drama: Its very smart to change your password as often as possible.

Source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/10/golden-globes-2016-christian-slater-supporting-actor-tv-mr-robot

No comments:

Post a Comment