Saturday, March 19, 2016

Deborah Ann Woll Is OK With Karen Not Knowing Who Daredevil Is


Marvel"s Daredevil - Season 2 - Official Trailer - Part 1 - Netflix [HD]

Share.

"He"s like this exceptional being that I have no concrete sense of -- and I like that." By Terri Schwartz

Minor spoilers for the first two episodes of Daredevil: Season 2 continue below.

It"s been over a season, and Karen Page still doesn"t know that her boss/crush Matt Murdock is the same vigilante who has been prowling the streets of h**l"s Kitchen. Daredevil isn"t the first superhero show to keep some of its key characters in the dark about its central masked hero"s identity, but with the first two episodes of Season 2 proving that Karen isn"t a woman who is easily fooled, it"s hard to imagine that she hasn"t started connecting the dots between Matt"s late night adventures and the person ridding the streets of crime.

Charlie c*x and Deborah Ann Woll in Marvel"s Daredevil

Hard to imagine for anyone except star Deborah Ann Woll, who fully believes that her character would have no reason to connect Matt to Daredevil. She takes that from her own experience playing the character because -- like Karen -- she"s only seen Daredevil twice.

"I have a policy for a lot of different reasons that I don"t actually watch the work that I do," Woll explained during a recent group interview."There"s all kinds of reasons to do that, but one really interesting side effect that has come about from that is that I have no imagery of the show that isn"t from first-person, that isn"t through Karen"s eyes. ... What that means is that every time, as Karen, I encounter Daredevil or think about him or anything, he"s like a ghost. He"s like this exceptional being that I have no concrete sense of -- and I like that."

Whether or not Karen does come to learn about Matt"s secret identity later in Season 2, Woll"s personal experience with the Devil of h**l"s Kitchen makes her believe that Karen wouldn"t draw the conclusion that Matt is Daredevil even as she does start to challenge him for acting so strangely.

Charlie c*x, Deborah Ann Woll and Elden Hanson in Marvel"s Daredevil

"I believe she wouldn"t connect them because I"m actually experiencing this and there"s not enough evidence yet for me to connect them," she said with a laugh. "But it"s fun. She"s smart. She"s a smart cookie, especially in that first episode, we"re going, "OK, well maybe you"re a drinker, maybe you"re not, but I kinda think you"re not. I kinda think something else is going on here." He can tell me all he wants that that"s what"s happening, but I sort of think I"m smarter than that. "I don"t know what I think you"re up to.""

Daredevil is available in its entirety on Netflix. As we binge our way through Season 2, make sure to follow along with IGN"s reviews.

Terri Schwartz is Entertainment Editor at IGN. Follow her on Twitter at @Terri_Schwartz.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/18/deborah-ann-woll-is-ok-with-karen-not-knowing-who-daredevil-is

No comments:

Post a Comment