Sunday, May 3, 2015

Free Comic Book Day encourages reading



Fry sauce- Is this our claim to fame?

If our part of the country has its special food that is unique to us, I feel fry sauce could be a contender. You probably were thinking potatoes, but when it comes to something we feel is common and the rest of the country is clueless, then I think fry sauce is pretty special. You either love it or hate it. I love it. The combination of tangy, creamy, and savory. For me, it is actually a comfort food. I thought it was simply a mayo and ketchup mixture, but I was wrong. There is more to it than two plops and a stir. Now Im not trying to give the impression that there is something mysterious and complex about making fry sauce. As much as I enjoy it, it is still after all just a dip. But just like with many other recipes, a few ingredients can make all the difference. So, if you still feel that potatoes are our special food, then fry some up with a little fry sauce on the side.

Posted: April 27 | Comments (0)

Source: http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/free-comic-book-day-encourages-reading/article_8c906e48-f172-11e4-b7f5-3bb5095433bc.html



No comments:

Post a Comment